LV

highzum

Threads
Awards
Credits
1,758©
Cash
0$
Greetings, World! Welcome to XIT. Today I’ll teach ya’ll how to lock & unlock your computer using USB flash drives as 🔑 keys. Do do this we will be using tool called USB Raptor. It is a security tool designed to lock and unlock your computer using a USB key. Also it’s a free & open-source program that adds an better extra layer of security to the system. The basic idea I noticed is that when you plug in a designated USB key, the program will unlock your computer, and when you remove the USB key, it will lock the system.. That’s it! So Easy. I’ll help you with that today, by providing easy steps you can follow. Let’s start learning..
Firstly, let’s get to know the features provided by USB Raptor & further we will move towards Step by Step usage guide.

Features​

1. Automated USB lock and unlock function
  2. Lock file contents are encrypted
  3. Password to override lock (can be enabled by user)
  4. Network command to override lock (can enabled by user)
  5. USB drive serial number check (can be enabled by user)
  6. Unique key for each system (can be enabled by user)
  7. Status report function
  8. Automated Windows lock/unlock with the use of common USB flash drives
  9. Compatible with all types of USB flash drives
  10. Robust design
  11. Easy to setup and use
  12. High security option to verify the serial number of the flash drive
  13. Various alternative unlock methods
  14. Supports LAN lockdown (and unlock) function
  15. Synchronized lock and unlock on LAN for multiple PCs
  16. Status report over internet and LAN
  17. Supports serial command integration (beta stage)
  18. Tray icon based application
  19. Option to delay and cancel the lock, to avoid unwanted locks
  20. Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows XP compatible
  21. Multi screen systems supported
  22. Log file
  23. Master key support
  24. User selectable backdoor access options Key can be unique for each system

Step-by-Step Usage​

Download USB Raptor from the official SourceForge page: https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbraptor/
1M7s0EvqyGiwq5WxahueVJQ

https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbraptor/
Extract the downloaded Zip File & Install the application following the on-screen instructions.
1JWPCR4F03oIiM2IGn8t39w

After installation, launch USB Raptor on your computer.
1 UweD8Aj9lBNILW7t0J4og

To Configure USB Key, Insert the USB key that you want to use for authentication. In USB Raptor, we can see Simple Configuration options as well. But let’s use Simple Configuration. You can surf advance options too.
Click on Create k3y file button to proceed.
1Rq1qPBWTTe451oIB88AWDw

Mmmmm… It was processed within 0 sec. Let’s enable & test it. Click on enable. (Remember that you can’t change the password while the USB Raptor is enabled)
1HrJNm fL4bwAuoeoA8uumg

1LQMNlPz0D p uoDK2OR7cw

Yay! It works. HAHA!! TBH for a sec it felt like a big treasure is hidden on my computer lmao. But it was great.
0LCWzwM7VD0c2gVOU

On surfing more advances configuration options I came across several interesting features like it also offers an automated USB lock and unlock function, with encrypted lock file contents for added security. I was able to enable a password override and even employ network commands for unlocking. Also, USB drive serial number checks, unique keys for each system, and a status report function enhance customization feature was great.
Further, I tried this using multiple USB drives to ensure compatibility with all types of USB flash drives n it also supported automated Windows lock/unlock through common drives on my computer. As per more tests I can conclude that the program is robust, easy to set up, and provides a high-security option to us by verifying flash drive serial numbers which is the feature I liked about it. It also supports various alternative unlock methods, LAN lockdown and unlock functions, multi-screen system support, and compatibility with Windows 10, 7, 8, and XP as well...
1Tbn5YNSVrRB6T sOhw 6uw

1aS32PENSurmt6lD FcLS7g

1cwOpjQjpEGkFUkD DV7k7A

I also tried synchronized lock/unlock on LAN for multiple PCs at my workplace, it also provided the status reports over the internet and LAN, serial command integration (beta stage), tray icon-based application, delay and cancel options to avoid unwanted locks, log files, and master key support. One more best feature I liked is that we can also select backdoor access options, and each key can be unique for individual systems.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.